The Dream Sheet

This week is basically a dream sheet for things that will never happen due to the proposition being that I had all of the time, money, and talent in the world; and let me tell you, I’ve got none of those. I have the talent of a potato really, and what I would do with just one free hour today that I’m not exhausted from the prior 23. Five categories are presented with ten ideas each. Let’s see what I come up with.

Education:
1. Finish this doctorate.
2. Get a doctorate in Security.
3. Get a Juris Doctorate.
4. Learn German.
5. Learn Mandarin.
6. Learn to play the guitar. I actually bought one, and an amp, and teaching software. Turns out I have sausages for fingers. Still have it.
7. Learn to play the piano. Yes, I also owned a piano. Don’t have the finger dexterity I thought I did, that’s why I sold it and got a guitar.
8. I Doctorate in Microbiology from Darwin College at the University of Cambridge with a specialization in telomeres.
9. Learn Italian.
10. Learn Arabic.

Job or Research
1. Study under Dr. Elizabeth Blackburn researching telomeres and enzymes that can be used to halt and repair their degradation.
2. Instruct at all of the U.S. Military academies.
3. Create a collegiate research and instruction program in cryptocurrencies and the development of the technology.
4. Hold the position of Scientific Advisor to the President of the United States.
5. Create a non-profit with the goal of introducing and improving access to STEM learning and resources for K-12.
6. Expand the organizations reach into disadvantaged areas of the world that have the infrastructure to take advantage of the instruction. Basically, if it’s a village in the middle of the desert without electricity or cyber jobs, the non-profit would not be beneficial.
7. Work with Bill Gates in bringing clean water to areas that need it.
8. Develop affordable methods of desalinization. I believe that in my lifetime there is going to be “struggles” with access to water, not just clean water. Making desalinization affordable would be a great step in staving off this future problem.
9. Work towards pushing the U.S. into a more perfect democracy by campaigning for instant runoff voting, party proportional representation, and mandatory voting.
10. Archaeology of Palatine Hill. It just amazes me.

Philosophical or religious
1. Continually study and discuss philosophy at the different academic institutions I visit.
2. Visit Mecca during the hajj.
3. Come to understand Zoroastrian via studies and tutorage under a Dastūr.
4. Study Taoism in China.
5. Study Confucianism in China.
6. Study Buddhism in China.
7. Contemplate the philosophical differences between Taoism and Confucianism with the perspective of the Buddha.
8. Have time to discuss the different philosophies with, and travel with, His Holiness, Dahli Lama.
9. Take as much time as I need, (1 year, 5 years, 20?) to meditate and contemplate philosophy and religion at the Shaolin Monastery in Dengfeng, China.
10. Continue to contemplate, learn, and discuss what I have learned through the rest of my life.

Travel
1. Live in Rome. I love that city. I’ve been there twice totaling 3 weeks and always want to go back. It’s my reason for learning Italian.
2. Visit Venice.
3. As mentioned above, travel in my studies of philosophy, in and around China.
4. Visit Japan.
5. Travel about Australia.
6. Visit and camp in all the National Parks.
7. Go back to South Africa and use it as a launching pad to discover Africa.
8. Sail around the Caribbean, the British West Indies. Pretend to be a pirate? (Jack Sparrow, not Captain Phillips)
9. Live in northern Alaska. Use the winters to continue to study philosophy.
10. Go back to Stuttgart and continue my German adventure.

Home
1. Home would be my base camp and a place to introvert myself away.
2. Home would be created to facilitate fostering children.
3. Would have an airstrip to land on.
4. A pool with the ability to be covered making it “indoor”.
5. A greenhouse and outdoor garden. Extensive area to contemplate in.
6. Completely “smart”. Light switch, outlets, refrigerators.
7. A BIG garage to be able to park an RV in.
8. The garage will have a maintenance area to be able to work on cars.
9. Deep wells.
10. Off-grid power to include geothermal, solar, and wind.

What does this list have to say about me? I want to teach and study. I don’t consider either work. My home will be a sanctuary where I could help needy children and hideaway for a long time if need be. Philosophies of Religion have always intrigued me and would be glad for the opportunity to study and learn from the experts. I hope you have found inspiration in the 50!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog